Sunday, November 2, 2014

Happy (late) Halloween!

Hey lovlies!

As I mentioned yesterday, I too made a little Halloween manicure, I want to show you!

This was really simple, but I think it turned out very well!

Used colors:
China Glaze - Sun Worshipper and Liquid Leather
Essence - Glow in the dark top coat

I started with three coats of China Glaze - Sun Worshipper, yes three coats... Oh myy... this neon orange is really on the sheer and streaky side. Maybe it's because it's a neon polish, but I really recommend to layer it over a white base, but even then you need one coat white and two coats of Sun Worshipper... Anyways it was the perfect shade for this manicure.
Then I made a gradient with Liquid Leather and a makeup sponge. I recommend to paint a strip of black and a smaller strip of the orange color for a smoother border.
Ok, so far so good...
My first intention was to layer the Essence - glow in the dark top coat over the gradient and then I paint the Halloweeny things on top, so they stand out when I take pictures in the dark...
It worked, but then I made a mistake...
... I added G&G - HK Girl Top Coat, to get a smooth and glossy finish and this killed the glow effect :(
I'm really sorry, because it looked so cool in the dark!
But the advantage was that the glow in the dark top coat muted the black a bit, so it still looks very cool.
In Austria we don't celebrate Halloween like the Americans, but in some regions, children walk from door to door for some sweets. So it's a good excuse for buying lots of candies! :)
Ok, what do you think? Have you done Halloween nails this year or anytime? Spam a link in the comments so I can see!

0 Kommentare:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 frankiehuntersnails