Thursday, July 17, 2014

Watercolor pattern

Hy lovlies!

Wow, I've been so busy these last few days and I'm sorry to post so few these last weeks.
But today I want to show you something I recently previewed on Instagram.
This time I was inspired by a shirt I bought at Orsay, a fashion store here in Austria. I went to a birthday party with this shirt and grey pants and I had to do my nails with a special design for this day.
I love when people acknowledge that you matched your nails with your outfit and they did!
But let's take a look!




I used the watercolor technique for this design, but at first I painted all my nails with Essie - find me an oasis, my new favourite off-white.
Then I used a small nail art brush to dab the colors, starting with the lightest one, on my nails and thinned it out with nail polish remover to create the watercolor look.



It was a bit of a challenge because I cut down my nails the day before. I like to do this from time to time, because filing them would be too time consuming (yes, I'm a bit lazy...). But I think it turned out very well!



















Polishes used:

  • Butter London - Slapper, Royal Navy
  • Ciatè - sugar plum
  • Essence - Prom-Berry
  • Essie - find me an oasis, turquoise & caicos, lapiz of luxury
  • Glisten & Glow - HK Girl Top Coat

And this is the shirt:

So, what do you think? Yeah or nay? :-)

0 Kommentare:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 frankiehuntersnails